Stellar (CURRENCY:XLM) traded up 4.8% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 17:00 PM ET on February 6th. One Stellar coin can currently be purchased for approximately $0.42 or 0.00004872 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including BCEX, GOPAX, Exrates and AEX. Stellar has a market capitalization of $7.67 billion and approximately $189.90 million worth of Stellar was traded on exchanges in the last day. Over the last seven days, Stellar has traded up 18.5% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 4.8% against the dollar and now trades at $1.03 or 0.00012037 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded down 2.1% against the dollar and now trades at $111.10 or 0.01300720 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded down 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.80 or 0.00021070 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 6.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0432 or 0.00000505 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00011696 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 1.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $4.22 or 0.00049358 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded 11.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $26.46 or 0.00309729 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $8.95 or 0.00104830 BTC.
- U.CASH (UCASH) traded 51.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0952 or 0.00001114 BTC.
- Status (SNT) traded down 2.2% against the
Stellar’s genesis date was July 19th, 2013. Stellar’s total supply is 103,689,123,972 coins and its circulating supply is 18,432,548,633 coins. Stellar’s official Twitter account is @stellarorg and its Facebook page is accessible here. Stellar’s official message board is stellarcommunity.org. The Reddit community for Stellar is /r/stellar and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official website for Stellar is www.stellar.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Stellar is public infrastructure for money. Supported by a nonprofit, Stellar brings the world together by increasing interoperability between diverse financial systems and currencies. Stellar is a technology that enables money to move directly between people, companies and financial institutions as easily as email. This means more access for individuals, lower costs for banks, and more revenue for businesses. Help better the world’s financial infrastructure by participating in our community or by building on Stellar. “
Stellar Coin Trading
Stellar can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Qryptos, Upbit, RippleFox, Binance, AEX, Gatehub, OKEx, Bittrex, CoinEgg, GOPAX, Exrates, Poloniex, Kraken, Mr. Exchange, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Stellar Decentralized Exchange, BCEX and Bitcoin Indonesia. It is not presently possible to buy Stellar directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Stellar must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Stellar using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Stellar Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Stellar and related companies with
Crypto News Roundup and Interviews for Jan. 23, 2020
In addition to our news roundup, for the next few episodes we’ll also be highlighting select interviews from the CoinDesk crew reporting inside the world economic forum in Davos, Switzerland. Today we’ll hear from former CFTC Chair Christopher Giancarlo on his proposed Digital Dollar push. We’ll end the show by taking a walk with a modern cypherpunk and senior reporter Leigh Cuen.
- Bitcoin finally breaking out of a range where it’s held over the past week, but it’s bad news for the bulls
- During an 18-hour deposition, Telegram CEO Pavel Durov pushed back against a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- In a separate case tying together two recent scandals, former QuadrigaCX users want information about the recently indicted ‘Shadow Bank’ Crypto Capital
- US Exchange Gemini completes accounting firm Deloitte’s
- In Virginia, a lawmaker is pushing the state government to study how blockchain might be used to secure elections and how it might impact the economy moving forward.
- In Nevada, a former beauty queen turned bitcoin-friendly entrepreneur is running as a Republican for a U.S. congressional seat
- Amun, a Swiss digital-asset issuer has launched a new vehicle for traders who want to bet on a drop in bitcoin’s price
- In Tokyo, two men have been accused of stealing 78 million yen (roughly $712,000) from blockchain project VIPSTAR
- GreekReporter.com said Thursday that Greece’s Council of State approved Alexander Vinnik’s extradition to France where he will face charges of money laundering.
- Ex-CFTC Chair Christopher Giancarlo on why he launched Digital Dollar Project
- Why is a Cypherphunk in Davos?
Law Firm Representing Quadriga’s Ex-Users Want Info About ‘Shadow Bank’ Crypto Capital
Miller Thomson, the court-appointed legal counsel for former users of the QuadrigaCX cryptocurrency exchange, is asking for help identifying any records related to Crypto Capital, which may be holding some of the exchange’s funds.
In a letter emailed to the exchange’s former customers and posted to its website, Miller Thomson wrote that Crypto Capital Corp., a “shadow bank” registered in Panama, “may have been a payment processor” for the exchange and is asking any customers who have emails or other documents which might be related to Crypto Capital to forward the communications to the legal firm.
“Representative Counsel has been investigating, since its appointment, whether any Quadriga funds were potentially retained by Crypto Capital,” Wednesday’s letter said.
An archived snapshot of Crypto Capital’s website lists QuadrigaCX as a client.
The letter referenced the ongoing court case between the U.S. Department of Justice and Crypto Capital, noting that the shadow bank’s operators are currently under indictment. Reginald Fowler, one of the alleged operators of the company, is in court
Fowler intended to plead guilty to one charge of operating an unlicensed money transmitter, but negotiations between his attorneys and the prosecutors have yet to be concluded. He is now scheduled to appear in a New York courthouse in late April.
Wednesday’s letter also referenced the fact that Bitfinex, another crypto exchange, has claimed to be defrauded by Crypto Capital and is seeking information and rights to seized assets in the shadow bank’s possession in the U.S., Portugal and the U.K., three jurisdictions which have reportedly frozen Crypto Capital’s assets.
“As you are aware, Ernst & Young Inc. (the ‘Trustee’) has been unable to locate QuadrigaCX’s basic corporate records or accounting records. As a result, Representative Counsel is asking Affected Users for assistance on this matter to uncover whether Crypto Capital held Quadriga funds,” the letter said.
TOP 3 Price Prediction: BTC, ETH, XRP — Uncertainty in Market Continues
TOP 3 Price Prediction: BTC, ETH, XRP — Uncertainty in Market Continues
The cryptocurrency market has partially restored its position. Meanwhile, the altcoin market today is mixed. Some of the top 10 coins are located in the green zone, while others are in the red.
The key data below for Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), and XRP indicate what’s to come.
|Name||Ticker||Market Cap||Price||Volume (24h)||Change (24h)|
|Bitcoin||BTC||$157 602 979 990||$8 671,44||$24 584 873 246||0,23%|
|Ethereum||ETH||$18 419 910 476||$168,40||$9 910 073 669||0,11%|
|XRP||XRP||$10 305 414 349||$0,235952||$1 623 122 240||-0,19%|
The technical picture of Bitcoin (BTC) has not changed much since Monday. For a moment, there was an attempt to break the $8,550 level.
However, the downward movement under pressure from the bears fit into the framework of the current volatility and it was bought back quickly enough.MUST READBitcoin (BTC) Price Skyrocketed to $14,000 Last Time This Indicator Turned Green –
Over the past three days, local consolidation has formed. All in all, the strategy does not change, since for a longer time period, the trend has persisted and the line of least resistance is still directing upwards.
Bitcoin is trading at $8,649 at press time.
Ethereum (ETH) quotes remain trading
On the hourly chart, the chief altcoin is likely to decline in the short-term. The line of the RSI indicator is going down, confirming the ongoing dominance of buyers. Regarding the nearest price forecast, traders might expect the coin to be located at around the $165.50 level.
Ethereum is trading at $166.96 at press time.
XRP is trading without significant changes. After a rebound from the support level, quotes have remained sideways.
Even though XRP has continued a sideways trading trend for a few days, it will face a decline shortly. The rate of the coin has decreased by almost 2% over the last day. What is more, the MACD indicator has just switched to a bearish trend. Summing up, the more likely scenario is a drop to the closest support of $0.23.