1) Andreas Antonopoulos on Bitcoin’s potential: In a new podcast, Antonopoulos discussed how cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, can help every individual earn financial independence from existing institutions. While explaining the underlying technology, he clarified the common misconception associated with proof-of-work and energy wastage.
2) Ripple’s Q2 2019 XRP sales: In an attempt to address concerns over inaccuracies in the reported volume by cryptocurrency exchanges globally, Ripple, the US-based blockchain tech firm, in a recently released post, introduced a new set of steps and a new approach to the second quarter of 2019.
3) Harmony trending on Binance DEX: At press time, Stephen Tse, the Founder of Harmony, announced that the ONE token accounted for 99.19% of the total volume on Binance DEX, making it the largest token being traded on the largest decentralized exchange in the world.
Read more at https://bit.ly/317IMWj
4) Bitcoin [BTC] drops below $8,000: For several days, Bitcoin was sluggish and remained below the $9,000 mark, trading sideways and exhibiting little to no drive for an upward push. After reaching the peak of $8,950, a major sell-off ensued on several exchanges, with the cryptocurrency falling by 3.07 percent in one hour, immediately following the 2.44 percent gain that pushed BTC’s price to the aforementioned price point on 30 May.
5) Monero’s Riccardo Spagni on Bitcoin: Speaking with Shannon Grinnell for ‘Speaking of Crypto’ podcast, Riccardo Spagni aka fluffypony listed the coin’s ten years of existence as one of its advantages, adding that in these ten years, the coin proved to be robust. Meanwhile, the core developer of Monero also stated that the coin’s biggest advantage was its network effect, which no other currency has been able to achieve.
6) Atlantic Financial Blockchain Labs on BTC: Anthony Pompliano, a major Bitcoin proponent who constantly promotes the cryptocurrency ecosystem, made the news after he claimed that banks could soon be replaced. However, Bruce Fenton, CEO of Atlantic Financial Blockchain Labs, begged to differ. He tweeted that the idea of “being your own bank” was dangerous, while stating that banks were targeted from an economic standpoint.
7) Singapore, USA dominate IEO Launchpad: While the exchange maintains its innocence in court, Bitfinex recently announced the launch of its new venture, Tokinex. The project is aimed at building an Initial Exchange Offering [IEO] platform to help crypto-projects raise funds through token crowd-sales. A recent research report suggests that IEOs are in the lead, with at least two dozen exchanges launching IEO platforms.