Short term price analysis:
Total market cap behaviour
If you ever traded crypto, you know the drill: market makes a sudden move in an unexpected direction, then settles a bit and moves sideways before going back to the original direction.
That is pretty much what happened in crypto in the last week. After losing its ground and tumbling way below $200 billion market cap, it bounced back up to $210 and now it is heading south again.
One note: below numbers for total market cap are from Tradingview and has a discrepancy of around $8 billion to CMC data.
The total market cap almost dropped to our predicted zone of $162 billion – it stooped all the way to $170B before bouncing back up (data by Tradingview). In the jolt up, market touched on the $205 billion zone and bounced off it to the current $191 billion.
Right now, it is sitting right at the previous support, while the “safe” zone is far above it, at $205 billion and Fib382 line.
I would argue that total market cap chart is the most important one to pay attention to as it is a leading force and direction picker for all coins, bitcoin included.
As you can see below, Fear & Greed Index is back in the fear zone, nearing the extreme fear area. It is still very possible that we actually do drop another $30 billion of value before we can talk about an actual reversal.
Stellar Price Analysis – XLM/USD
Cryptocurrency markets tend to move in a lockstep, with all coins mirroring the action of the whole market, which is led by bitcoin.
Stellar seems to be heading down to its support at $0.053 which is the first. In case we see a bigger bloodshed, XLM could drop to local bottom of $0.051.
Stellar in the news
Below is a summary of the most important news around Stellar in the last month:
- Coincheck announced that it hast listed Stellar Lumens (XLM) from November 12, 2019. The exchange was the first to list XLM in Japan.
- While answering questions on his AMA, Cardano CEO Charles Hoskinson addressed Stellar’s recent burn where the Stellar Development Foundation [SDF] burned about 55 billion XLM. Hoskinson elaborated on why he believes that Stellar made a mistake by doing so. He thinks that Stellar lost permanently all that value that could have been spent for protocol development for community development.
Below is the long term price prediction for Stellar Lumen.
2018 was a tough year for the crypto world. The market is slowly recovering and expectations for 2019 and 2020 are high. Today, the Stellar price prediction is under the microscope. Will Stellar Lumens be one of the 2019 winners?
Stellar (XLM) Facts and Background
In order to be able to deliver a well-founded Stellar price prediction, it is important to include various factors. These include
- How advanced is the project and what benefits does the end product or platform offer the customer?
- Number of users and transactions. Growth is closely linked to trading volume.
- Price development over the past year and the current trend.
- Were there any new features, updates or partnerships?
Stellar is an open source and decentralized blockchain platform with the native currency Stellar Lumens (XLM). It is essentially a global payment platform supported by Stellar Lumens as a digital asset. The great advantage of this platform is that the user can make fast, secure and extremely cost-effective payments between a very large number of currency pairs. In this respect Stellar is convincing, it offers a real benefit to the customer.
Stellar was able to win many new customers despite the generally unfavourable market development of 2018. As the descriptive infographics of Stellar Expert show, the number
Stellar is growing strongly
The years 2018 and 2019 were full of events for Stellar. At the beginning of the year, XLM started at about US$0.39 and reached a peak of US$0.89 just a few days later. This peak, however, was short-lived and the price slowly fell again by March. On March 8, 2018 Stellar announced a new partnership with Keybase. This led to a brief upswing in April. The next months were calmer for Stellar. In July, the company hit the headlines again. Stellar XLM became the first blockchain product in the world to be recognized by Sharia law. During the year Stellar announced several more partnerships. The most important cooperation was probably with IBM’s Blockchain World Wire. IBM has many strong partners and an extensive network from which Stellar can also benefit.
The partnerships have helped the XLM to assert itself against strong competitors such as Ripples XRP and to continuously evolve. But Stellar has several other advantages. For example, Stellar’s Smart Contracts are better and safer. Here the company has learned from Ethereum’s mistakes. The Stellar Smart Contract is much more robust, more efficient and virtually immune to tampering.
Stellar forecast 2019: What the experts say
The above points provide an overall positive sentiment for the Stellar forecast for 2019. Various platforms and algorithms say the following:
- Monetize.info: The platform bases its forecast especially on the influence of partnerships. As is well known, they are expanding the customer base, which will increase the transaction volume. As a result, this leads to more growth and an increase in share prices. On this basis, Monetize predicts a price increase to 2 to 3 US$.
- Investing Haven: The increase is expected to be even stronger. Analysts forecast a rise to US$ 4 by the end of 2019.
- The Oofy: According to their calculations, Stellar Lumen will not exceed US$0.3 by the end of 2019. They believe that the crypto currency will end the year with US$0.28.
Stellar price prediction 2020 to 2025
Long-term forecasts are always difficult. Especially in a market as volatile as this one. Although Stellar has held up well so far and is still in the top 10 crypto currencies by market capitalization, the price fluctuates strongly again and again. Some cautious estimates are based on the following developments:
- Atomic Wallet: Here, too, one believes in the influence of partnerships on price performance. Stellar has important partnerships with SatoshiPay, HashCash, Mobius and many banks. According to Atomic Wallet, Stellar Lumens could therefore rise slightly to US$0.60 by 2020.
- Economic Forecast Agency: The Stellar forecast is strongly based on mathematical and statistical calculations based on historical price trends. They come to a similar conclusion and predict a price increase of up to US$ 0.64 in 2020.
- TheOofy: The analysts on the website base their predictions on Stellar’s growth rate in the past. As a result, Stellar should experience a positive price development. By November 2025, the price could then be US$1.20.
In general, the Stellar forecast looks very positive. Because the platform meets all requirements to be successful. They survived last year’s bear market comparatively well and suffered fewer losses.
It remains to be seen how well they will ultimately assert themselves in the coming years and how the currently emerging bull market will affect Stellar. To the current Stellar (XLM) price.
Stellar Lumens (XLM) Price Prediction and Analysis in December 2019
Today, we will be taking into account the historical prices, developments, and market opinions regarding Stellar Lumens, so that we can project an XLM price prediction for December 2019.
The Stellar concept was created in 2014 by Jed McCaleb, a former Ripple Labs employee and Mt. Gox co-founder.
The blockchain platform is based on an open-source, decentralized protocol that facilitates the exchange between digital currency and fiat currency through the XLM coin.
In 2017, Stellar announced its partnership with IBM and KlickEx to launch cross-border transactions for the South Pacific region. Over the years, Stellar has managed to survive and still be relevant today on the crypto market, currently occupying 11th position according to a market cap of $1,058,546,737.
Stellar Lumens (XLM) Price Prediction: Analysis
At the beginning of November, XLM appeared that it was regaining some of its value, soaring up to $0.08, but then gradually declined to $0.0059 towards the end of November.
XLM opened December with a trading price of $0.059751. The coin fluctuated mildly, with a small tendency of declining, trading within $0.055-$0.056 support levels by the end of the first week of the month.
On December 9th, the coin reached and closed the day at $0.0054, opening the following day at the same value. XLM closed that day at a new 7-day low of $0.053607.
Today, December 13th, it is currently trading at $0.052783.
Stellar’s downtrend is noticeable when you look at the 10-day movement of XLM against USD. The coin’s current downtrend is because of its failure to reach the $0.056 resistance area.
By looking at the hourly movement of XLM to USD, the coin is going through a recurrent downswing after reaching a temporary zone at $0.0582. The downtrend was noticeable from the start of December.
The current pivot, resistance, and support levels calculated by WalletInvestor are:
- Resistance Level (R3): 0.0563
- Resistance Level (R2): 0.0555
- Resistance Level (R1): 0.0546
- Pivot Point: 0.0539
- Support Level (S1): 0.0529
- Support Level (S2): 0.0522
- Support Level (S3): 0.0512
The founder of Stellar revealed that the project will be collaborating with 30 banks and projects, such as Mobius, Hashcash, and SatoshiPay. Stellar already has several high-profile partners from various industries, aiming to rival Ripple’s list. But while Ripple focuses mostly on bank partnerships, Stellar is geared more to payment and individual use.
Stellar Lumens Price Prediction: Market Opinion for December 2019
As many sites have made their own XLM price prediction for December 2019, we decided to include some of them in our list.
WalletInvestor made predictions for the next days of December, along with the max and min price of
|Date||Price||Min Price||Max Price|
MegaCryptoPrice’s XLM price prediction is very optimistic, expecting the coin to reach $5.10 by the end of 2019.
According to TradingBeasts, Stellar will have a trading price of $0.06 this year and will remain steady up until 2021.
Digitalcoinprice projected that XLM will reach a price of $0.08942102 in December, which signifies an increase of 64.16 %.
Coinpredictor estimated that on December 31st, XLM will be trading at $0.059153.
Logforecast estimated that the coin will start the month at 0.057 Dollars. The site predicted that the maximum price XLM could reach this month would be around $0.058, while the minimum price would be situated near $0.046. The month’s average price was projected at $0.053. Longforecast’s Stellar price prediction at the end of the month was for $0.051, change for December -10.5%.
30rates forecasted that on December 31, XLM will have a minimum price of $0.047, a maximum of $0.055, and will close the day at $0.051. Here are the rest of the forecasts for the rest of December:
- December, 13: minimum price $0.047, maximum $0.055, and at the end of the day price 0.051;
- December, 16: minimum price $0.048, maximum $0.056, and at the end of the day price 0.052;
- December, 17: minimum price $0.048, maximum $0.056, and at the end of the day price 0.052;
- December, 18: minimum price $0.048, maximum $0.056, and at the end of the day price 0.052;
- December, 19: minimum price $0.049, maximum $0.057, and at the end of the day price 0.053;
- December, 20: minimum price $0.049, maximum $0.057, and at the end of the day price 0.053;
- December, 23: minimum price $0.048, maximum $0.056, and at the end of the day price 0.052;
- December, 24: minimum price $0.047, maximum $0.055, and at the end of the day price 0.051;
- December, 25: minimum price $0.047, maximum $0.055, and at the end of the day price 0.051;
- December, 26: minimum price $0.046, maximum $0.052, and at the end of the day price 0.049;
- December, 27: minimum price $0.047, maximum $0.054, and at the end of the day price 0.050;
- December, 30: minimum price $0.047, maximum $0.054, and at the end of the day price 0.050.
Coinswitch projected that by the end of 2019, the XLM price may reach $0.664.
Stellar Lumens Price Prediction: Verdict
Looking at the historical price movements of Stellar and the current market sentiment, the best-case scenario for this December would be that the coin maintains itself around the current values.
We hope the information we have provided will be of help to you when you create your own XLM price prediction.
Stellar Lumens puts an end to its largest airdrop to date
The Stellar Development Foundation is shutting down its $120 million airdrop program amid fraudulent account sign-ups.
Stellar’s largest airdrop to date is canceled
In September, the Stellar Development Foundation (SDF)—“a non-profit organization founded in 2014 to support the development and growth of the open-source Stellar network”—partnered up with Keybase, a free group messaging community and file transfer hub, to distribute 2 billion XLM for 20 months among the messaging platform’s user base.
The idea was to bring new users to Keybase and help expand the adoption of Lumens by getting it “into the hands of real people,” as stated by Denelle Dixon, SDF’s CEO. Dixon stated:
“All you have to do is have an authenticated Keybase account, and your XLM will appear in your wallet–automatically, every month, for as long as the airdrop continues.”
Now, the Foundation and Keybase revealed in a blog post that they would no longer continue with the giveaway. The decision comes after a massive number of fraudulent sign-ups tried to take advantage of the airdrop program overwhelming the
“Starting in the last week or so, hordes of fake people were beginning to come in, far beyond the capacity of Keybase or SDF to filter. It’s not in the Stellar network’s interest to reward those people; it is also not in Keybase’s interest to have them as Keybase users.”
Thus far, only 200 million Lumens were airdropped, worth about $10.6 million. And, SDF will distribute the final 100 million Lumens among Keybase’s verified users next week. For everyone else, registrations are closed.
This represents just 15 percent of the 2 billion XLM that were promised by the firms. But, as stated at the beginning of the program, “SDF reserves the right to end this giveaway early.” Now, it remains to be seen whether the Foundation will direct the remaining 1.7 billion Lumens to support other projects or if it will add it to the 55 billion tokens burned last month.
Stellar Lumen (XLM) Price Could Dive Before Fresh Increase
- Stellar lumen price is struggling to climb above the $0.0565 and $0.0580 resistances against the US Dollar.
- XLM price is currently trading in a range above the main $0.0535 support area.
- There is a major bearish trend line forming with resistance near $0.0562 on the 4-hours chart (data feed via Kraken).
- The pair could dive towards $0.0520 before it starts a fresh increase towards $0.0620 and $0.0650.
Stellar lumen price is showing bearish signs against the US Dollar and bitcoin. XLM price must surpass the $0.0620 resistance to move into a positive zone.
Stellar Lumen Price Analysis (XLM to USD)
In the past few days, stellar lumen price remained in a bearish zone below the $0.0620 pivot level against the US Dollar. As a result, the XLM/USD pair traded below the $0.0600 and $0.0580 support levels.
Moreover, the price settled below the $0.0580 level and the 55 simple moving average (4-hours). Finally, the price declined below the $0.0550 level and tested the main $0.0535 support area.
The recent low was near $0.0537 and the price is currently correcting higher. It is trading above the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement level of the recent decline from the $0.0597 high to $0.0537 low.
However, the price seems to be facing resistance near the $0.0560 level and the 55 simple moving average (4-hours). Besides, there is a major bearish trend line forming with resistance near $0.0562 on the 4-hours chart.
Above the trend line, the next resistance is near $0.0567. Additionally, the 50% Fibonacci retracement level of the recent decline from the $0.0597 high to $0.0537 low is at $0.0567.
A clear break above $0.0567 and a follow through above the $0.0580 resistance could push the price towards the main $0.0620 resistance area. Any further gains may perhaps lead stellar price towards the $0.0685 level.
An intermediate resistance is near the $0.0633 level since it is the 1.618 Fib extension level of the recent decline from the $0.0597 high to $0.0537 low.
On the downside, the main support is near the $0.0635 level. If there is a downside break below $0.0635, the price might test $0.0620 or even $0.0600 in the near term.
Stellar Lumen Price
The chart indicates that XLM price is clearly trading in a bearish zone below $0.0565 and $0.0580. The current price action suggests the price could dive below the $0.0635 support area before it starts a fresh increase.
4 hours MACD – The MACD for XLM/USD is currently showing a few bearish signs.
4 hours RSI – The RSI for XLM/USD is currently declining and it is just below the 50 level.
Key Support Levels – $0.0535 and $0.0520.
Key Resistance Levels – $0.0565, $0.0580 and $0.0620.