- 100x Group is the holding organization for HDR Global Trading Limited – the owner and operator of the popular Bitcoin derivatives exchange, BitMEX. The company announced earlier today that it had appointed a new CEO – Alexander Höptner.
- The statement reads that Höptner will replace the interim Chief Executive Officer Vivien Khoo in January 2021.
- Khoo took the position in October. She replaced Arthur Hayes, who stepped down following charges brought by the US Commodity and Futures Trading Commission against the owner-operators of BitMEX for illegally running a crypto derivatives exchange.
- Höptner will report directly to the Chairman of the 100x Group, Dr. David Wong, and will also join the board of directors.
- He has served as the CEO of the Börse Stuttgart GmbH and Euwax AG since 2018. The second-largest stock exchange in Germany has been proactive in terms of digital asset adoption during Höptner’s supervision. It launched a regulated BTC trading platform last year and added a tracker following the inverse performance of Bitcoin in 2020.
“The BitMEX platform forever changed the way we trade cryptocurrency, and 100x Group will forever change the way we use modern financial services. The future of this industry will increasingly belong to those who provide a regulated trading environment that is innovative, liquid, and fair for institutional and retail investors alike.” – commented Höptner.