Bitcoin and XRP whales are surfacing in droves as the week comes to a close.
On Friday, two BTC whales moved a total of 29,217 BTC worth about $564.2 million. Both transactions sent Bitcoin from one wallet of unknown origin to another.
None of the addresses in question have any known ties to crypto holders, custody platforms or exchanges.
XRP whales are also on the move. In the same timeframe, large holders of the third-largest cryptocurrency sent a total of 634,610,356 XRP worth about $372.7 million. The largest single transaction sent 450,094,745 XRP worth $265.7 million from an unknown wallet to the crypto exchange Huobi.
The move is one of several sending large amounts of XRP to exchanges in the last couple of days. The owners of the crypto may be sending their crypto to exchanges that support the coming Flare airdrop to ensure they easily receive their share of SPARK tokens.
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) December 5, 2020
Here’s a look at the largest XRP transactions to hit the ledger since Friday.
• 74,999,900 XRP worth $42.2 million sent from unknown wallet to unknown wallet
• 50,000,000 XRP worth $30.9 million sent from unknown wallet to Bybit
• 29,999,980 XRP worth $17.1 million transferred from unknown wallet to Coinbase
• 10,000,000 XRP worth $5.8 million transferred from unknown wallet to Binance
• 10,000,000 XRP worth $5.7 million sent from unknown wallet to Binance
• 9,515,731 XRP worth $5.3 million sent from SBI VC Trade to unknown wallet