Another major US-based cryptocurrency exchange is reportedly considering going public. Kraken revealed record-breaking Q1 numbers and is also planning an IPO – following in the footsteps of Coinbase.
- Coinbase is the first major US-based cryptocurrency exchange that will see its IPO later this month.
- As CryptoPotato reported, the company will have its shares listed on Nasdaq on April 14th.
- However, Coinbase isn’t the only one. According to a CNBC release, Kraken is also considering going public.
- The exchange also contemplates a direct listing, but it would supposedly happen next year – in 2022.
- The news came as Kraken released its quarterly report, revealing record-breaking numbers following Bitcoin’s face-melting rally to above $60K.
For us, any volatility is good but it’s always better when it’s on the way up. […] The first quarter just completely blew away the entirety of last year. We beat last year’s numbers by the end of February. The whole market has really just exploded. – Said Jesse Powell, CEO at Kraken.
- In his own words, Kraken is “looking at being able to go public sometime next year.” He also revealed that it “would probably be a direct listing, similar to Coinbase.