Vitalik Buterin Burned 90% of The Shiba Inu Tokens Sent to Him

According to Ethereum transaction data, Vitalik BUTERIN burned 90% of the SHIBA INU tokens in his possession. The total amount is about $6 bln. The remaining 10% will be donated by Buterin to a charity that aims to prevent large-scale loss of life as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

The co-founder of Ethereum was sent 50% of the total amount of SHIB tokens by the creators of the token. With the recent price hike of SHIB, the total cost has been estimated at over $1 bln. Buterin donated 50 trln SHIB tokens to the India COVID-19 Relief Fund, created by Polygon co-founder Sandeep NAILWAL.

SHIB has grown by over 2,200% in the past 30 days. Dogecoin has also skyrocketed over the past few months, indicating that meme coins could forever become a part of the crypto market. At the time of this writing, the SHIB price was $0.00001646

News Source