On the 13th anniversary of the Bitcoin white paper, U.Today has picked 13 interesting facts about the groundbreaking founding document
The Bitcoin white paper, which birthed a $1 trillion asset and kickstarted a full-fledged financial revolution, was published 13 years ago by Satoshi Nakamoto, the cryptocurrency’s pseudonymous creator.
These are 13 facts about Bitcoin’s founding document.
- While many believe that Satoshi chose to publish Bitcoin’s founding document on Halloween, Oct. 31 is also known as Reformation Day. On that day 504 years ago, small-town monk Martin Luther nailed his 95 “theses” to the door of the Wittenberg Castle church, challenging the hegemony of the Catholic church.
- The white paper was published on the cryptography mailing list at 2:10 p.m. EDT.
- Satoshi wrote the entire code before unveiling his white paper.
- The Bitcoin white paper has been translated into 36 languages, including Norwegian, Portuguese and Slovenian.
- Bitcoin Cash proponent Roger Ver helped to translate the white paper into the Japanese language while Bitmain co-founder Jihan Wu worked on the Chinese translation.
- The white paper never mentions the term “mining” or its derivatives. Satoshi referred to the process as “generating.”
- Satoshi didn’t foresee the rise of mining pools in his white paper.
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey described the white paper as “the seminal work” of computer science.
- Blockstream co-founder Adam Back is one of the individuals cited in the white paper.
- Self-proclaimed Satoshi Craig Wright claims that he authored the white paper, but the Bitcoin community vehemently disagrees.
- The white paper has been cited 17,201 times.
- “Calculations,” the longest part of Bitcoin’s founding document, contains 559 words.
- Several national governments and companies have uploaded the Bitcoin white paper to their websites.
Mike Novogratz Expects Bitcoin to Stay Above $42,000
Mike Novogratz says that it would be surprising to see Bitcoin below $40,000
Galaxy Digital CEO Mike Novogratz believes that the price of Bitcoin is not going to fall below $40,000.
The crypto mogul told CNBC host Joe Kernen earlier today that he would be surprised to see the biggest cryptocurrency revisiting the aforementioned price level.
"I think $42,000 should hold, that should be the bottom of this move. It would surprise me if it went below $40,000," says @Novogratz on #Bitcoin's latest dip $BTC. "There's so many more people participating on it. It's hard for me to see if going below." pic.twitter.com/4VuYIw01dF— Squawk Box (@SquawkCNBC) December 8, 2021
Novogratz is convinced that $42,000 will remain at the bottom of the ongoing correction.
I think $42,000 should hold, that should be the bottom of this move. It would surprise me if it went below $40,000.
Bitcoin suddenly collapsed 21% on Dec. 4, making crypto traders dust off their $20,000 charts.
The cryptocurrency managed to recover to $52,000 on Dec. 8, but it was rejected there.
At press time, Bitcoin is trading down 2.7%, slightly above the $49,000 level on cryptocurrency exchange Bitstamp.
Novogratz claims that Bitcoin going below $40,000 would result in a significant sentiment shift, adding that such a dramatic drop would make him scratch his head.
The crypto boss remains optimistic due to the increasing number of people participating in the industry:
There’s so many more people participating on it. It’s hard for me to see if going below.
However, as reported by U.Today, growth investor Louis Navellier recently said that Bitcoin could drop to $10,000 if it were to lose the do-or-die $28,500 support level that managed to hold during a dramatic correction in summer.
After a streak of unsuccessful predictions in 2018, the hedge fund veteran made a prescient call about Bitcoin reclaiming its previous record high of $20,000 by the end of 2020.
Bitcoin is now up 73% in 2021, significantly underperforming some of the top altcoins.
Top Trader Says Ethereum Looks Exceptionally Bullish, Unveils Targets for Bitcoin and Explosive Altcoin Terra
A popular crypto analyst believes Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC) and one altcoin are about to blast off and leave the recent market-wide slump in the dust.
The pseudonymous crypto strategist and trader Kaleo tells his 454,000 Twitter followers that ETH’s time to shine has arrived as the “king” of the layer-1 blockchain protocols.
The analyst says,
“ETH is so bullish after the most recent flush it’s not even funny.
We’ve seen a major rotation play among the alt [Layer-1s] the past few months.
It only makes sense that the king of the L1s finally has a chance to suck liquidity from the rest of the market and have a run of its own.”
Ethereum is about even on the day, trading for $4,346 at time of writing.
Kaleo next looks at Bitcoin and says he still believes the top crypto will reach at least $100,000 during the current cycle.
“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – I still expect to see Bitcoin have a parabolic move to top out at $100K+ this cycle.
I’ll gladly start scaling out around $150K. I expect it to go higher, but I’m not concerned with nailing the top. Until then, just keep stacking.”
BTC currently sits at $50,900 after having battled back from a flash-crash low around the $43,500 level on December 3rd.
Lastly, the crypto analyst lays out his price prediction for the Terra (LUNA) protocol, whose native token LUNA underpins a suite of decentralized stablecoins.
Kaleo tells his followers that Terra reaching the $100 threshold is inevitable.
“LUNA going to $100 from here is only a matter of time.”
LUNA has seen some wild price action in recent days, with the altcoin tumbling from $69.66 to $53.64 late last week before surging to $77.37 on Sunday.
The 10th-ranked crypto has since corrected but is back up 5% on the day to $70.74.
Bitcoin SV Coin Struggling Near Vital DMA lines, In Sideways Consolidation
- Bitcoin SV coin is trading sideways over the larger time frame, with a substantial consolidation over the past few months.
- The crypto asset is currently placed under the narrow range of $100 to $200 while trying to suppress its 20, 50, 100, and 200-day lines.
- The pair of BTC/BTC is trading at 0.003027 BTC with an intraday gain of +3.21%, and the ratio of BTC/ETH is CMP at 0.03489 ETH with a minor 24-hour change of +1.91%.
Bitcoin SV coin at the monthly chart is trading sideways, with solid consolidation. Currently, the coin is trying to suppress its all vital moving averages of 20, 50, 100, and 200-day lines. The overall short to long-term trend is still neutral, as it is struggling near all vital moving averages. Volume activity over the chart increases and needs to grow strongly for the breakout from the sideways pattern. The breakout from the sideways pattern will create a substantial upside in upcoming trading sessions, which needs supportive volume activity to grow. The sustainability above the breakout level of $200, with supportive volume activity, will boost more upside to $240 to $270. Support on the lower side is $125 and $100, whereas resistance on the higher side is $180 and $200.
Bitcoin SV coin is trading under the roller coaster at the 4-hour time frame
Bitcoin SV coin is trading under the roller coaster at the 4-hour time frame. Meanwhile, the technical parameters presently showcase substantial volatility, with good volume activity. Volume activity at the weekly chart is higher and needs to maintain above its average volume activity. BSV price is trading at $149 with an intraday drop of -1.84%, and the volume to market cap ratio is 0.2866.
relative Strength Index (CAUTION): Bitcoin SV coin RSI is heading lower, after testing the overbought zone. The coin moves lower with a substantial upsurge from the lower levels and RSI at 54.
Moving Average Convergence Divergence (CAUTION): The daily chart projects a caution trend with a bearish crossover at the 4-hour time frame. The buyer’s signal line (green) is heading towards the seller’s line (red) for the upcoming negative crossover.
Support levels: $125 and $100
Resistance levels: $180 and $200.
The views and opinions stated by the author, or any people named in this article, are for informational ideas only, and they do not establish the financial, investment, or other advice. Investing in or trading crypto assets comes with a risk of financial loss.