It seems the first nation to adopt BTC as a legal tender has not changed its vision.
El Salvador’s president took it to Twitter to announce that the country will resume its BTC buying spree as of tomorrow.
Interestingly, Tron’s Justin Sun quickly followed up, saying his blockchain project will do the same.
- Although 2022 has been a rough year for the cryptocurrency market, with many inside and outside factors pushing prices and sentiment south, El Salvador seems determined to continue with its pro-bitcoin strategy.
- The country, which recently celebrated one year of adopting BTC as a legal tender, will begin purchasing one bitcoin per day as of tomorrow, said Nayib Bukele.
- So far, the small Central American country has accumulated 2,381 BTC. Given what has happened with the asset’s price in the past year or so, El Salvador is down big time on its investment, at least on paper.
- The country was briefly involved with the ongoing FTX saga, with some rumors claiming that it held its BTC on the fallen crypto exchange.
- However, Bukele refuted the reports shortly after in a conversation with Binance CEO – Changpeng Zhao.
- Bukele’s promise from today was quickly “echoed” by Tron’s Justin Sun, who responded, “we will also buy one bitcoin everyday starting tomorrow.”
- News Source